MMBC chair Clark Grue kicks off the year with a new video series outlining the coalition’s key activities for Q1 2021.
Advocacy work: As the business events community faces ongoing lockdowns and other challenges, MMBC continues to advocate to all levels of government with key messaging:
- Face-to-face events bring business leaders together to create transactional opportunities that drive the economy, jobs, and other growth opportunities.
- The business events sector has decades of proven expertise in hosting controlled, safe gatherings, including sophisticated delegate tracing systems during and after events.
- The business events community is ready and willing to assist governments in their efforts to rebuild Canada’s economy.
- MMBC is a positive partner with provincial governments to help develop protocols to reopen safe and healthy business events.
- MMBC supports the efforts of provincial leadership groups as they advocate to reopen business events at the regional level.
- MMBC will communicate positive provincial initiatives to decision-makers in Ottawa as part of our ongoing federal advocacy work.
Global Meetings Industry Day (GMID), April 8, 2021
- Our online, Canada-wide event will focus on the topic of Reopening Business Events safely and in a controlled fashion.
- MMBC will extend personal invitations to high-level federal and provincial leaders as well as industry stakeholders.
- Key discussions include: Why business events are crucial to economic recovery in all industries; how our sector is supporting its hardest-hit members at this time; and protocols and ideas for reinstating safe events that will help drive Canada’s economy forward.