A new year means a fresh start!
Meetings Mean Business Canada, along with our partners and stakeholders, advocated tirelessly on behalf of the industry throughout 2020. And while much was achieved during this challenging year, we’ve already kick-started our goals for 2021.
Not only will we advocate for continued government support for our sector’s hardest hit businesses, we will amplify our key messaging on the crucial role that business events play in economic development, revenue generation, sustainability and international growth.
Here are some of the key objectives we’re working toward in 2021:
- Continue to advocate at the federal, provincial and municipal levels
- Continue our work with coalition partners —Tourism Industry Association of Canada, the Canadian Travel & Tourism Roundtable and the Coalition of Hardest Hit Businesses—to align member voices in the push for federal relief.
- Accelerate provincial government engagement by developing Provincial Leadership Circles to coordinate activities and facilitate communications and information sharing across the country.
- Develop key relationships with government sector leaders as well as sector advocacy groups.
- Lead project-based advocacy initiatives.
- Become the central hub for advocacy information and communications support materials for industry partners.
- Become the central depository for information (e.g., data, stats, case studies), for provincial and federal governments, researchers, etc.
We need your help!
We’re a coalition of volunteers eager for your feedback and always grateful for an extra pair of hands. Contact us with ideas to improve our advocacy work or to volunteer on one of our committees:
- Provincial Roundtables
- Industry Relations