Meetings Mean Business Canada Coalition (MMB Canada), the operating name of the Business Events Industry Coalition of Canada, is the advocacy voice of the Meetings and Business Events industry. Our key focus and mission is to communicate the important social and economic impact of our industry to federal Members of Parliament, industry stakeholders and to all Canadians.
Economic impact captures the jobs created, taxes generated and foreign dollars spent in our economy. Equally important is the social impact that meetings and business events bring to our communities across the country.
Canadian Business Events Impact: $41 billion direct economic impact; $24.3 billion direct GDP impact; 229,000 direct jobs; $843 average spend per participant, per event.
Remove barriers to industry recovery
Support initiatives that drive business events into Canada
Promote the economic and social benefits of business events to elected officials and to all Canadians
Accelerate Industry Recovery
- Improve processing times for NEXUS and Visa (visitor and work) applications
- Tax Extender Package: Temporary restoration of entertainment business expense deduction and extension of expensing for business meals
- Reverse negative sentiment and reputational damage around Canada’s airport experience
Reignite & Fast-track Business Events
- Tax incentives and/or rebates for organizations that bring their business events to Canada
- More funding for Destination Canada and a larger allocation to marketing Canada’s business event hosting capabilities
- Increased recognition of business events’ economic impact by Regional Development Agencies, which would help destination marketing agencies access government funding, especially in urban centres
- Encourage the federal government to spur business travel and improve our global competitiveness by playing a proactive role in attracting large, international business events to Canada
- Encourage federal departments to demonstrate support for Canada’s business events by reinstating their own face-to-face meetings and events